Thursday 3 April 2014

EvaluationQ7.

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

We did a preliminary task we did at the start of the year. We were put into groups of 3 to create a short continuity film edit which we had to film and edit a character opening a door and crossing a room and sitting down in a chair opposite another character adding some type of dialogue. We had to demonstrate Match on action, Shot reverse shot and the 180 degree rule. My group did our continuity sequence on a boy and a girl who are in a relationship. they have problems and she slaps him and leaves him. My job was to film the footage while the other members of my group acted which was half of my job in our title sequence coursework. At first i was a bit scared to record the footage as i wasn't sure if my recording skills were good. However as the hours went along, i found myself enjoying recording more and more. I learned how to film on a basic level. After we did our recording we took our footage to go and edit. In our title sequence i helped Lucy with the editing process of our footage. I learned how to cut and slide in our footage to make the story line flow. We made the continuity sequence on Final Cut Pro. We used Final Cut Pro to do our title sequence so i was a bit familiar with some of the tools needed to create the sequence. In my GCSEs, i took Illustration and Communication so i already knew how to use Photoshop. I was in charge of creating the text which i got the text form 'dafont' which i selected a font type and transferred the font to Photoshop and created the titles for the title sequence. The voice over was created in Logic Pro by Christian as he is the most familiar with it as he does Music A-Level. The production company was also created using Photoshop.


I think that our group worked really well with the production of the title sequence, working together, agreeing with each other to make the title sequence better. I have improved my skills of the elements on the Mac computers but practicing more on it and doing more things like the multiple text i produced.




No comments:

Post a Comment